Wednesday, July 31

crochet 101 :: single crochet part II



Crochet 101 is a series of crochet tutorials where I will teach you how to complete the basic stitches needed to crochet.


Hi :) 

How has your practicing been going? Good I hope!

Yesterday we learned how to make the single crochet stitch.

Today's lesson is:

Now that we know how to make a row of single crochet, what is the next step? I will show you today in this tutorial.
Let's get started!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You will need:
*Yarn
*Hook

In this post, I show you where to look for what type of hook you will need for your yarn.

Step 1:
Start with your first row of single crochet stitches (like in the previous post).
For this tutorial, I have made 10 single crochet stitches.

Step 2:
Yarn over your hook.



Step 3:

 Pull the yarn through the loop.


 You have made your chain 1 turning chain.

Step 4:

Turn your work so that you are now looking at the back side of row 1 .





 Turn your work towards you so you can see the top loops of the stitches. We will be working our first stitch into the second chain from the hook (marked in the picture above with the white number 2 and the purple circle).

Step 5:

 Insert your hook into the second chain from the hook.

Step 6:

 Yarn over.

Step 7:

 Pull the yarn through the loop.


 There are 2 loops on the hook now.

Step 8:

 Yarn over.

Step 9:

 Pull the yarn through both loops on the hook.


You have just completed your first single crochet stitch of row 2. 

Step 10:

Repeat steps 5-9 until you get to the end of the row and you will have completed your second row of single crochet stitches.


The picture above shows what 4 rows of single crochets looks like. (So you would repeat steps 2-10 two more times for your practice swatch to look like the picture above.)



Below is a video I made to show these steps in action. I have slowed the video down so that every step is seen. I have also added music to the video because I filmed this video with my phone and I have no idea how to mute the background while recording. Feel free to mute if piano is not your thing lol
Enjoy!
I hope you have fun practicing this stitch :)

We will pick back up with the Crochet 101 series next Tuesday where we will be learning how to do the half double crochet!


Come back tomorrow for a regularly scheduled post... See you then, friend!

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips