Thursday, September 5

reminiscing...


Hi :)

Today I thought I'd share a few things that I've been missing lately...

SLEEP:
I don't know what it feels like to sleep soundly for longer than 2 hours straight. I miss sleeping for a whole 8 hours straight... Hell, I'd settle for 5! I wake up feeling like a grouchy grizzly bear and when it's time for bed I'm wide awake, tossing and turning. I envy those who fall asleep the second their eyes close (my hubby).

GOING TO THE BATHROOM... IN PEACE:
Never, not once, can I get through a bathroom break without interruption. Unless we are out as a family and I go to the bathroom alone... but then I'm still not alone because there's always a million women in the public restrooms.

TAKING A SHOWER:
There's at least 2 interruptions every time I take a shower. Never fails. Unless I'm home alone... and the first thing I will always do is jump in the shower.

HAVING CLOSE GIRL FRIENDS:
In elementary school and middle school, I had a group of girl friends that had been my friends since kindergarten. When we went to high school, we all went separate ways, and I got a boyfriend at the end of freshman year. We won't talk about how huge of a mistake that was, but I wish I could go back and redo those years. I miss having close girl friends who want to have a girl's night once in a while (and having a budget for it).

 Spring into Mani/Pedi Season with LAs Best Hot Spots Under $50
GETTING A PEDICURE AND NAILS DONE:
There was a time when I would go get a manicure/fill and pedicure every 2 weeks. That was a time for me to relax and unwind and get pampered. I miss having soft feet and having my nail polish on my fingernails last longer than 3 hours before chipping off.

STARBUCKS:
I wasn't a fan of Starbucks when they first started out. I wasn't a huge coffee drinker at all. Then I got a job at Safeway and eventually got transferred to the Starbucks department. Then I found myself experimenting with the drinks when we were slow, which was encouraged so that when someone would ask for a recommendation I could give an honest suggestion. Fast forward to me being pregnant and wanting all my drinks to be ice cold or have lots of ice for me to chew on and for some reason green tea frappuccino with whipped cream and honey on top of the whipped cream popped into my head and I've been hooked ever since. I always get the venti size which is the largest, but at almost $5 each [and it's more expensive if you want it made with soy milk :( ], it's not really in our budget for me to be drinking one every chance I get. Sometimes I think, "How awesome would it be to receive an infinite amount of frapps? Or a Starbucks gift card with an insane amount on it?" lol


Now I know this might sound like a complainy, winy post, but I truly LOVE my life and my family and where I'm at in my life, there are just a few things that I miss once in a while :)

Thanks for reading and letting me vent a little. Hopefully I'm not alone in my feelings! Haha
See you tomorrow!

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips