Friday, September 27

boredom + knitting news


Hi :)

So, the other day my grandpa sent me an email with pictures of animals in clothes and I thought it was the cutest/funniest thing. To me, animals in clothes will always be amusing.
I went and did my own search (just because, why not?) and here some of the photos I found:

(via)
I've always wanted a ferret :)


(via)


(via)
Ok, so I know a lot of people think hairless cats are creepy, but I think that's what makes them cute :) Plus, look at those adorable sweaters!


(via)
Oh. My. Gosh.

And because sloths are SO adorable, here is a little video of a baby sloth getting a skin treatment and then getting wrapped in a onesie.



Ok, so for the knitting news...
I have been practicing a lot lately. In fact, I haven't crocheted in about 2 weeks. I think it's safe to say I'm obsessed with learning how to knit.

I found a group on Ravelry called 'Instagram-Along-Ers' (through a post from someone I follow on Instagram). Have you heard of it? Are you a member?
Well they're going to be starting a KAL (knit along) on October 1st!

(via)
These were the 2 project choices: (left) the Stockholm Scarf and (right) the Metalouse shawl.
I voted for the Stockholm Scarf and I'm so happy that it won the majority of votes.

I've never done a knit along (obviously) or a crochet along (CAL) so I'm only guessing how it works... I REALLY want to join in on this one because the project is gorgeous and I've had it on my 'want to make' list for a few months now.

Why am I telling you this? Well, if you are a knitter or you know someone who is and are interested in joining, now is the time! It starts October 1st and since that is 4 days from now (holy crap, it's gonna be October already?!!), that gives you a couple of days to gather everything you'll need.

Both patterns are free so you can always make them another time, I just thought I'd share since I'm super excited about it lol I'll be posting progress pictures as well, here on the blog and since I have no projects shared in my Ravelry profile, I'll be sharing there (which I'm assuming is what you do when you join a KAL or CAL?)

SO, with that said, I'll be getting myself ready for this knit along this weekend. I can't wait to start!!!

What are your plans for this weekend?

See you Monday, friend :)

post signature


2 comments:

  1. That guinea pig is just about the cutest - I love his little hat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that just silly? I'd probably make something for my guinea pig too if I had one lol

      Delete

I'd love to know what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips