Thursday, January 16

progress :: vol 12


Hi :)

I haven't done one of these in a long time!
(October 25, 2013 was the last post!)


Today I would like to share a project that I have been working on for the past few months. It is the biggest commission project that I have ever been asked to do.


Here it is!

The Gang

TA DAH!!!

I am so thrilled with the way these came out :)

This was a project for a Sesame Street themed first birthday party, so I made the characters big enough to be extra party decorations, as well as a perfect sized toy for the birthday boy after. Each character has their own party snack as well.


Elmo (w lollipop)
Here is Elmo with his party lollipop...

Cookie Monster (w cookie)
...Cookie Monster with his yummy cookie...

Big Bird (w chocolate chip icecream)
...Big Bird with his chocolate chip ice cream cone...
[my son chose the flavor :)]

Oscar the Grouch (w pizza)
...And Oscar the Grouch with his pepperoni pizza.



All of these characters were made with no pattern. I looked at pictures that I found online and just crocheted as I went. I did write a few notes down though, so there is a possibility (small) that I will re-write the patterns and offer them for sale in the future.

Big Bird was the most labor intensive of the 4, but they were all made with tons of love and dedication to make them look as close to the characters as possible.


I am so happy that I get to share this with you guys! :) This is the most proud I have been (besides when I finished my minion) from a finished project.


I really love doing amigurumi, but it really kills my wrists. Since this was the biggest ami project I've ever done, I think I will be giving my wrists a break from anymore amigurumi for a while, and only small crochet projects until I'm ready to go full on again.

Knitting doesn't bother my wrists as bad, so I will be doing some work on my knitting WIPs and getting caught up on my crochet mood blanket. I've decided to just make a basic granny square and do 2 rounds, so they're not huge and I should be able to get caught up within a couple days. I hope to share those projects with you soon!


I hope you enjoyed my sharing :)


What have you been working on?



post signature


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Stephie - these are awesome! You did great work and the recipient will definitely be pleased. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable!! So much love and work into them! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips