Saturday, June 29

weekend plans :: 6/29 - 6/30


Hi :)


I love when a blog stays current in the way of making daily posts, but I see a pattern of them 'taking a blog break' after a while. Posts take a lot of time and energy and planning. I don't want to get burned out, especially since I just started, so for now, there will be no posts on Saturday or Sunday.

Fridays will be my weekend posts where I'll share my weekend plans with you. Let's get the first one started!

On Saturday, my son, my mom, and I are going to my cousin's baby shower. He and his wife have a little girl who's 3, but this time around, they are expecting a boy :)

I've been feverishly trying to finish a crochet blanket for the baby these past few weeks, but this weather has been so indecisive! Hot weather + woolly yarn = too much heat! And this weekend it's supposed to be in the triple digits... Not so happy about that.

Anyway, I thought I'd share the finished blanket before it goes to its new home:


The blanket finishes at 43" x 46".


Here is a close up of the pattern (*my version of the larks foot stitch) and the edging. 


I used 2 skeins each of Red Heart Soft Baby Steps in Aqua, White, and Baby Green for the main body of the blanket (then I ran out!) and less than 1 skein of Vanna's Choice in White for the border (because that was the only whole skein of white that I had in my stash besides Red Heart Super Saver yarn). 

If I were to make a blanket like this again, I would do less chains for the starting chain because I realized after I was more than half way through that the blanket was going to end up wider than it was length wise. I would also grab another skein of 1 of the colors for the border so the yarns match. This was my first time using this yarn and I have to say that I really liked it. I liked that it was soft and a little thicker than some baby yarns. Blankets seem to take SO MUCH LONGER when the yarn is thinner!

On Sunday, there will be a lot of either crocheting or re-reading of one of my favorite series indoors with the AC on and watching whatever my son wants to watch on TV (usually the Nick JR, Disney JR channel or Sprout) because it is supposed to be 100+ degrees, which equals about 105 degrees with the humidity! I'm really not looking forward to this heat... I am grateful for our AC unit, but I'm not so sure I'll be enjoying our PG&E statement next month hah!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Stay cool! I can't believe it will be July already on Monday!!  

What are your weekend plans?


*NOTE: If you would like to see how to do the larks foot stitch (original and my version), please let me know in the comments so I can get working on a tutorial :)



4 comments:

  1. Hi Stephi. This is a really nice blanket - I love the stitch pattern. I think a tutorial of your version would be great.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words. :)

    p.s. I can't find your 'follow' button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debi :)

      Thank you for the compliment on my blanket. It means a lot coming from you! I love to read your blog.

      Thank you for your input on a tutorial :)

      You can follow me via Bloglovin' by clicking the button that has the "b♥" on it located under my picture. It will take you straight to my blog follow page. (I'm still in the designing stages of my blog so there will be a "follow me" banner above my buttons so people know where they can follow me.)

      Delete

I'd love to know what you think :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips